Kristina M. Hernandez
FREE WEBINAR | How to Avoid I-9 Fines Like a Pro
Reddy & Neumann, P.C. invites you to join a free webinar "How to Avoid I-9 Fines Like a Pro" on Wednesday, August 26th, 2020 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm CST.
Register here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8397197209336468235
All employers are required to complete Form I-9 to verify the identity and employment authorization of hired workers. Mistakes on this seemingly simple 2-page form can lead to hefty civil fines if an employer is hit with an I-9 audit by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
ICE has quadrupled the number of I-9 audits issued between 2017 and 2019. Employer compliance is key to avoid I-9 civil fines for substantive paperwork violations, which range from $234 to $2,332 per violation. Fines for knowingly hiring or continuing to employ unauthorized workers range from $583 to $4,667 for first time offenses.
Our webinar will provide your business with essential information to avoid I-9 fines like a pro! Specifically, this webinar will include:
• How to properly complete the new Form I-9
• Common errors found during an I-9 self audit
• Overview of the ICE audit process, from Notice of Inspection to Notice of Intent to Fine • Overview of how I-9 fines are calculated
• Options after ICE issues a Notice of Intent to Fine
• Practical guidance in establishing an I-9 compliance program