top of page
  • Writer's pictureKristina M. Hernandez

USCIS Issues Guidance To Expedite EADs for Healthcare Workers

Today USCIS has announced that effective immediately, if you are a healthcare worker who has a pending Employment Authorization Document (EAD) renewal application (Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization) and your EAD expires in 30 days or less or has already expired, you can request expedited processing of your EAD application.

To determine whether you are a qualifying healthcare worker, see this DHS advisory memorandum (“Healthcare / Public Health” section, pages 7-9). The list includes, but is not limited to:

  • Workers, including laboratory personnel, that perform critical clinical, biomedical and other research, development, and testing needed for COVID-19 or other diseases

  • Physicians (MD/DO/DPM)

  • Dentists

  • Psychologists

  • Nurses

  • EMS personnel, assistants, and aids

  • Pharmacists

  • Phlebotomists

  • Optometrists

  • Speech pathologists

  • Chiropractors

  • Diagnostic and therapeutic technicians

  • Radiology technologists

When requesting your EAD be expedited, you should be prepared to provide evidence of your profession or current employment as a healthcare worker. If the evidence you provide is not sufficient, USCIS may not accommodate your request for expedited processing of your Form I-765. Expedited processing means only that USCIS will process the application faster.

To request expedited processing, call the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833).

132 views0 comments


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page